Timmins Child and Family Services
An excerpt from the www.timiskamingchildren.org
website states (please refer to the website for more extensive invformation):
As a multi-service organization, Timiskaming Child and Family Services provides a wide range of programs for children and their families, which include:
Contact Information for general inquiries:
- Adoption for children who cannot return home, to provide a permanent family.
- Adoption Disclosure for adults who have experienced Adoption as a child, birth parent or adoptive parent, to help bring understanding and healing.
- Child Protection where the safety of children is our first priority.
- Family Preservation is an in-home service offered to help families to cope with problems they may be having in their home.
- Foster Care on a short or long term basis; this may mean a relief period for parents, foster care or group care; or supported independence for older teens.
- Intensive Service Coordination [ISC] involves system case management for children and youth with complex special needs from 0 to 18 years of age.
- Mental Health Services offers counselling to children, teens, and families through office based and community based services.
- Preparing for Independence programs to assist older teens in a successful transition into adulthood.
- Supervised Access is a safe, neutral, and child-focused setting for children and their families involved in custody and access disputes,
- Timiskaming Brighter Futures, offers prevention and Early Intervention Programs for families with children ages 0-6; working in partnership with colleagues and other citizens for the betterment of families and children. We are also a partner in the delivery of Best Start Early Learning and the Healthy Babies / Healthy Children Program.
- Volunteer Program provides much assistance to the children and families served by our agency. As well as allowing the volunteer the opportunity to develop skills and share skills that they already possess.
- Youth Justice includes the Pineger Youth Centre, and the Attendance Centre.
In Timiskaming call toll free at 1-866-229-5437.
The Children`s Aid Society of Timiskaming provides service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you suspect child abuse or neglect report the information to your local Children`s Aid Society immediately.
Our offices are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4h30 p.m.
John Raymond, MSW, Executive Director - Directeur Général
Bureau d'Englehart Office
40 Third Street, P.O. Box 607
Englehart, ON , P0J 1H0
Tele. +1 (705) 544KIDS (5437)
+1 (705) 568KIDS (5437)
+1 (705) 647KIDS (5437)
+1 (866) 2295437
fax: +1 (705) 5442555
Kirkland Lake Area:
Centre Ann Shipley Centre
6 Tweedsmuir Rd.
Kirkland Lake, ON , P2N 1H9
Tele. +1 (705) 5673281
+1 (705) 5679201
+1 (705) 5632422
+1 (800) 6657743
fax: +1 (705) 5688787
Temiskaming Shores Area
Centre Mary LaBine Centre
25 Paget street, P.O. Box 68
New Liskeard, ON , P0J 1P0
Tele. +1 (705) 6471200
+1 (800) 6657761
+1 (705) 5632422 after hours
fax: +1 (705) 6477467