Please consider joining your colleagues (teachers, school support staff, administrators, supervisors, and agency and community colleagues) from the North East for a one day workshop to learn more about the impact of healthy active living on child and youth mental health. Ophea
is a recognized leader in healthy active living. Ophea
presentations and materials are exemplary. This workshop will feature:
- A presentation about child and youth mental health within the context of healthy active living
- Actual activities for use at your school and/or community agency (dress comfortably for the session)
- Materials from Ophea and other resources
- In addition, Ophea staff will provide consultation and support to SSL participants/members during the Spring
In order rder to assist with access and the opportunity to meet with community colleagues, these sessions will be offered at four sites …
· Monday April 30th in Kapuskasing (St. Patrick School)
· Tuesday May 1st in Englehart (Englehart High School)
· Wednesday May 2nd in Timmins (Roland Michener SS in South Porcupine)
· Thursday May 3rd in Moosonee (Moosonee PS)
The sessions are free and supply (teacher/EA) coverage will be available upon approval from your supervisor. Lunch will be provided. Sessions will run from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
Further information will be made available by Easter. In the meantime mark the date on your calendar and check with your colleagues/supervisor about the opportunity to attend.
Agency, Health, Recreation, Moosonee/Moose Factory colleagues and other community members can pre-register
by contacting email@example.com
or leave a message at 705-494-8494.
Pease provide your name, organization and the location you wish to attend in your e-mail.